Monday, December 6, 2010

Doctor's Visit

Well, tiny Baby Gill is definitely growing!  I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and when it was time to check for the heart beat, they immediately did an ultrasound since I am only 8 weeks.  It was so awesome to see our little baby's heart fluttering.  I could also see little arms and legs!  It is crazy how fast babies grow and change.  Two weeks ago the heart rate was 125 BPM.  Today the heart rate was a whopping 175 BPM.  I was a great feeling to see my child.  Too bad Tony was not able to be there for his viewing pleasure, but he got to see pictures.

I also found out today through a urinalysis that I am Strep B positive.  The doctor said I am probably just a carrier.  One good thing about finding out so early is I will not have to be tested for it later.  All this means is I will have to be put on an antibiotic when I go into labor to protect the baby from contracting it and getting potentially very sick.

I did not gain any weight!  Go me!  I have read that I will probably gain 1 to 3 pounds during the first trimester.  I will definitely let those 1-3 pounds come as the baby is growing, but I do not want to gain 10 pounds just because I have decided to eat everything in site.

I have started using a belly band.  I don't think I have really started growing.  I have just gotten tired of being uncomfortable from pants that were already a little snug to begin with.  They also help keep your back from being exposed when you bend down to talk to children.

That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment