Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Withdrawals

I am having doctor withdrawals!  The first 3 doctor's appointment were 2 weeks apart.  I had my first doctor's appointment, 2 weeks later I had my ultrasound, and 2 weeks after that I had another ultra sound and doctor's appointment.  It has now been 4 weeks since then, and I have one more week to go!  I am sure I will not get another ultrasound, but I sure do wish I would.  Hearing the heartbeat will be good enough.

Good news: 
+My mother-in-law starts working at my doctor's office the day before my appointment.  She knows the ultra sound techs and a lot of the people there because she previously worked there.  Maybe this means she can work her way into getting me an ultrasound more often. 
+I have 5 more days left in the first trimester!
+Next month Tony and I get to find out if we are having a baby boy or baby girl!!!

I have finally been able to look at baby furniture and other baby things without stressing myself out.  I think I have found a travel system that I really like it's called Lively Dots by Graco.

I will probably wait on deciding on bedding for when I find out what I am having.  I have been looking at cribs, and it is ridiculous how many there are and how pricey they can be!  I think I have decided I do want to get a convertible crib that will turn into a toddler bed and eventually a full size bed.  That is just crazy to think of...I will one day have a toddler and then a full size child!  I hope it goes by slowly.


How far along? 12 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: I do not think any.  I am pretty sure my scale says the same.  We will find out in a week the real number.
Sleep: OK.  I seem to be getting uncomfortable or hot after a few hours of being asleep.
Movement: None
Food cravings: Kiwi and pastas are good.  I really am not craving much.  I really need to make myself eat more protein.  I will probably have to buy protein bars for myself because chicken and shrimp are the only meat I can actually enjoy, but I really do not want to eat it either.
Gender: None
Labor Signs: None
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: I miss not being cautious about the food I eat.  I miss not being nauseus or having heart burn, and I miss my bra fitting.
What I am looking forward to: End of the 1st trimester...5 DAYS
Milestones: My lower mid-section is starting to get thicker, and at night my stomach pokes out a little.  I am finally starting to get energy back.  I have been able to stay awake when I get home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment