Friday, January 28, 2011

Yesterday, I took a "mental health" day, and Tony and I started working on getting our stuff ready to sale the house.  I also packed up a ton of stuff that frankly, if I threw most of it in the garbage, we would not miss it.  I am hoping that we will be able to move in the next few months, so we are sending that stuff to be put in the basement at my mother and father's house...which is closer to where we are hoping we will live in the near future.  Our crib also came in yesterday!  It will also be going to my parent's house, because I do not want to set it up and then move it already assembled.  I do think I need to at least open the box and make sure everything is there, so in a few months when we have to set it up I will not be disappointed and unable to return it.
I have also been considering baby bedding choices, and I really do think I want to make my own.  The stuff I love costs $250 or more, and I don't think it's worth it in the long run!  I know most people who live in Tuscaloosa and/or are Alabama fans may think I am crazy, but I really love orange and blue together.  Not navy blue, but...well  I will show you something I like...



If I was able to make my own, I could add more textures and different kinds of fabric.  I know a friend who has a pillow with the colors I like on it.  Maybe I should ask her if I can borrow when I start looking for fabric.  I would love to put some minky dot fabric in there.  I really like it, and I know I will get all kinds of comments from my family and friends, but oh well! 

More exciting news...we have a friend that is a cardio sonographer...she did an ultrasound for us yesterday, and we have only told our family and some friends and coworkers, but we got to find out that we will most likely be having a little Thomas Gabriel Gill running around our house!  She used to do ultrasounds on pregant women, so I trust that what we saw really was the male anatomy especially since she showed is exactly where the umbilical cord was, and it was no where near his little legs.  Our appointment for the ultrasound with our doctor is only 10 days away! 
We went out to eat for my mother's birthday last night, and I gave her this as part of her present...

Tony has a shirt that looks just like this, so I think it will be cute for Daddy and baby to match.
Have a wonderful week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment