Monday, January 2, 2012

Our Christmas and New Year

Gabe's first Christmas was definitely one that will be remembered!  He started the week off by teething, and yes he got his 2 bottom front teeth.  They are shooting up, and he is looking even more adorable.  I originally thought that he was running fever just from teething.  I put him down for bed on the eve of Christmas Eve after giving him tylenol for a 101.7 temperature.  I was a little worried for him, but it was late and temps are always higher at night.  I did not sleep well that night.  I kept waking up to check on him which is very unusual.  At 5:30 am, I walked over to look at him, and I could see him wiggling, so I touched his little head which was abnormally warm.  He had a fever of 102.5!  I texted my mom, gave him tylenol, and let him sleep a little longer.  He woke back up at 7:30 and it was back down to a normal temp, but he sounded bad.  He sounded croupy and that made me worry a little more.  I was thinking we would have to go to the emergency rrom and be admitted to the hospital...my mom went with me to American Family Care, and the doctor listened to my "little sausage's" (that is what she called him) lungs and said they sounded great!  She looked in his ears, and the right one was red, and he also had stuff pouring down his throat which was causing him to cough like that. Sooo my sweet Gabe got his first ear infection and was put on antibiotics for his first Christmas.  He lost his voice, and when he cried you could barely hear him if you were not in the room with him.  It was so sad!  Christmas Eve, he slept all day like he was a newborn. Today is his last day of antibiotics, and he is feeling much better!

For New Year's Day, Gabe gave me a sweet kiss as soon as he got out of bed at 7:00 to eat and then let me sleep until almost 9:00...or I forced him to lay in his bed, and I had to ignore him loudly talking to himself half the time, but he was content.  He had a big day!  He had something to eat for breakfast (bananas and rice cereal), lunch(sweet potatoes and sweet peas), and dinner(a little more bananas).  He usually only gets one solid meal a day.  He also crawled on his hands and kness for the first time.  It was only two strides, but it counts!  He has been working hard on moving forward on his belly, but usually he just moved backwards.  he has to learn to move his hands and pull with them instead of pushing with them.


I am not the greatest at getting pictures.   It means I have to miss things because I am fighting with our horrible camera.  We did not even get a Christmas morning family picture. My mom has more from when we were there that night.










crawling...Kristin got better shots on the other side of him...different camera again.  It will have to make it to his 6 month post in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment