Gabe has a tooth! About a week ago he started really gnawing on toys, fingers, blankets, dogs, anything he could get his mouth on. Then Sunday(December 18) I could see little bumps under his gums that resembled the shape of teeth and where they should be. Sure enough on Tuesday evening (December 20), his right side front bottom tooth cut through the gums. The other one will be cutting through soon I am sure. Luckily, he has not been to mean to me, but those suckers have just cut though, so they are not really above the gum line. I do not know why, but for some reason I thought the teeth would rise up like mountains in one day as soon as they cut through the gums. Anywho, it has really been a pain in the tush! I can tell he is uncomfortable, and I really cannot do much to help. I have been putting Hyland's teething gel on his gums, and maybe that is helping. I have given him tylenol at night for him. I really hate giving him medicine, but at least it is only 1-2 times a day. He had a temp of 100.5 this afternoon, so I gave him a little bit before his nap. I did not realize how bad tylenol could be if you take too much. I thought it was pretty safe compared to ibuprofen. I was talking to a doctor this morning who said ibuprofen can hurt your stomach if you overdose, but too much tylenol can cause your liver to fail and you die in a very painful way.
On a positive side, he is napping well now! Dark room+bouncy seat in his crib= naps! He will not sleep in his pack and play for naps. Maybe for his New Year's resolution, we will remove the bouncy seat and just take naps in his crib.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
Friday, December 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment