Tuesday, December 13, 2011

5 months- a little long and some gross parts

Weight:19 pounds says the unreliable bathroom scale

Length:

Head Circumference:

Clothing Size:
6/9 month and some 12 month

Sleep:
After he gets out of the bath and we begin putting his pjs on, he starts fussing to be fed, then he sleeps 9-10 hours at night. Naps were horrible! We seem to finally be getting into a good routine! I know I am going to have to be stern with family members about this sleeping pattern around Christmas or we will be in a big mess. He has been taking 2 naps in his bouncy seat which is in his crib. I pulled out a big thick crocheted blanket that a friend made for him plus I put up dark brown curtains to make it dark.

Feeding:
he still eats about 5 to 6 times a day, and it is usually on one side...occasionally he is still hungry and must eat off of both sides. I have no clue how many ounces.

He is now eating solid foods! Poor guy would whine at us when he was sitting at the kitchen table with us while were eating. He would reach for spoons and food, so we decided that he was really ready for food. I was going to wait until he was 6 months to let him try food, but I decided I was being selfish by not allowing him to eat when he obviously was showing every single sign that he was ready along with the whining.

We started out with rice cereal of course. I busted out the pump in order to make the rice cereal. It had been so long since I pumped. I HATE PUMPING! I guess that is why I never do it. I was basically hanging upside down in order to get enough to come out to make rice cereal for a week. I really think I could have milked myself faster. I am just so happy that Gabe is so much more efficient. Any who, after he got to eat rice cereal for 3 days we switched to sweet potatoes.

He has now tried avacado. The texture is a little different, so he gagged a little but he ate it. I ended up mixing it with sweet potatoes in order to make the consistency better for him. The taste really did not seem to bother him.

Diapers:
size 3. He should be in that for a while considering the weight limit is 28 pounds. On another note about diapers, Gabe has now officially had a solid food poo. It is insane how just a little food can change the consistency. It used to be straight liquid and would spew out if it was not changed immediately. Plus it wiped up so easily. It is now a paste. Oh and last night, after I changed his diaper, he started straining a little, and I commented that he was pooping still. My sister proceeds to slide his diaper open and tells me, "yep, catch it! Diapers are too expensive to waste!" luckily the wipes were right besides me or it would have fallen into my hand or the floor. When he does poop now he strains a little and his eyes water. I hope he is not uncomfortable, but it made me laugh a little.

Hair and Eyes:
They are still blue! I am excited that he has light eyes like me since he looks so much like Tony. His hair is growing back extremely fast

Fun and other Development:
He is rolling over from his back to his belly, not from his belly to his back though. He gets too frustrated with being on hisbelly and cries about it instead of rolling over. I think he will be army crawling before the month of December is over. He is starting to sit up by himself. He sat up all by himself for 10 minutes watching his cousins play. If he has a toy, he falls over very easily because he is too distracted to keep himself balanced. I think he might be really good at it by Christmas. He is very vocal now. He yells(i say he is singing) and talks to us very loudly now. Plus, he laughs a lot, and I love it!

Gabe still likes bath time, but he does not want to stay in it as long as he used to. Most babies like to splash in baths...not mine. He takes baths in order to relax before bed only. We tried a new duck tub he could sit in and splash in more easily. Negative! He wanted to stand up or crawl out of it, so we are back in the lounging baby tub.

He is becoming a funny little guy. He spits and makes funny faces farely often. He also seems to like "wrestling" with Tony. He will grab a hold of Tony's head and scream at him. It is too cute. I have started receiving some nice slobbery kisses on my face and mouth from him. He grabs my face and puts his open mouth on me. I love it and will pretend it is affection even if it is not.

Fine motor skills are getting better every day also. He has been using his fingers and not just his fists to turn nobs and he is picking his small toys up and moving them back and forth between hands with a lot more ease. I feel like I should be making a developmental portfolio for him.





More pictures to come off of the camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment