Holy cannoli! It's crazy to me that in 1 month, my child will be 6 months old (my other baby will be almost 2! Eek!)
Gabe and Sam
Sam is weighing between 18 and 18.5 pounds right now. He is wearing 9 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
His hair seems to be dirty blonde, and his eyes are still blue. He has a huge grin, but still no teeth.
These teeth on the bottom have been dying to come through for the past month. I can feel them bulging through his gums, and he is drooling and gnawing on anything and everything. He needs some relief! I have been giving him hylands teething tablets and some nights tylenol.

He is out of the swaddle and swing! Only for a couple of days, but I don't see him going back unless it is an emergency. He actually seems to go to sleep more easily unswaddled now. He has been waking up in the middle of the night, but I don't know if that may have something to do with his teeth or a possible growth spurt. He goes right back to sleep after I feed him if I hand him his tiny blanket/square/lovey. Last night, he did not wake up at all! He slept 9:00-7:00! Can I get an amen!
He takes 2-3 naps a day. Most days it is 2 good long naps 2-3 hours with a 30-45 min nap in the late afternoon. He goes to bed about 9:00 every night. He usually is up by 7:00. He then has a nap around 8:30/9:00. His next nap comes at the same time as Gabe's which is normally 1:00. It makes me happy that they sleep at the same time!
He is rolling around and can scoot himself in a circle. If he really wants to get somewhere, he figures out a way. I have a feeling he will be crawling around 6 months just like his big brother did.
He is doing a pretty good job at sitting up if he has something large to play with right in between his legs or if someone or something is in his view. I usually put the boppy behind him, so I can get up and walk around without fearing for his little noggin'.


He is eating solids. I guess it has been over 3 weeks now. He has eaten bananas, avacados, apples, pears, yellow squash/zucchini, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and only because he was screaming for it ice cream. It was only a little and it was for the sake of everyone who was in dairy queen at the time. He loved it of course, and has not had any since. His favorite is avacado and banana mixed together. Green beans had an awful consistency, so we won't be doing them again until he can pick them up. He is not a fan of plain bananas. I guess it is too sweet, but everything else he opens his mouth wide for. He loves to eat. I am giving him something twice a day. Always at supper(night) and the other is either breakfast or lunch. It really depends on if he is awake.
Tony and I went to Birmingham to have lunch and celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary, so Sam got to drink from a bottle for the very first time.

He is eating solids. I guess it has been over 3 weeks now. He has eaten bananas, avacados, apples, pears, yellow squash/zucchini, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and only because he was screaming for it ice cream. It was only a little and it was for the sake of everyone who was in dairy queen at the time. He loved it of course, and has not had any since. His favorite is avacado and banana mixed together. Green beans had an awful consistency, so we won't be doing them again until he can pick them up. He is not a fan of plain bananas. I guess it is too sweet, but everything else he opens his mouth wide for. He loves to eat. I am giving him something twice a day. Always at supper(night) and the other is either breakfast or lunch. It really depends on if he is awake.
Tony and I went to Birmingham to have lunch and celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary, so Sam got to drink from a bottle for the very first time.
He now notices when I leave the room, and that really ticks him off! How dare I walk off without him on my hip.
He is giving sweet, slobbery kisses. My Sam is the sweetest baby.



No comments:
Post a Comment