Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thomas Gabriel Gill is 2!

It has been over 2 weeks now that my big little man turned 2.  I was waiting to post this until after his 2 year appointment with his pediatrician.

Weight: 29 pounds 1 ounce
Height: 35 1/4 inches
Head Circumference: 19 1/2 inches
Shots: Hepatitis A and finger prick for blood work
Funky Arm Rash: As I was expecting, he has molluscum contagiosum in the crease of his arm-3 bumps-and 1 on his finger.

We are done with his baby shots!  Whoop whoop!

I am loving me some two year oldness, and not loving some of it at the same time.

He is picking up new words/phrases everyday.  I love hearing him talk.  Most of the time you still can't understand him.  If he really gets going he sounds like he is speaking a different language and you can understand the first and last word of his sentence. He moves his mouth in all kinds of funny directions when he is saying something serious.  Some words I want to remember him saying the exact way he says them are:
Trire works.....fire works
I hab it....I have it
Chetch up...ketchup
Chis...Kristin and Chris
Yaddy....daddy
Sammel...Samuel
Sham...Sam
Gabey...Gabe
Hally...Harley
Wibby...Olivia or Livie
I did it! I did it!
Yes, I two.
cake cakes...pan cakes

Egurt...yogurt
Apple....pineapple
Snacks...anything crunchy, but mostly Sam's puffs
We're home!...any place we stop

Sop it!...not really a good phrase when he is saying it, but it is cute when he is aggravated.
Ships....chips
Thanksh...thanks

I also loves how he has big pauses in between some words.  
Right____momma

He also says okay or kay when the correct response would be yes.

He is now pretend laughing and sneezing quite often.  He randomly breaks out into a pseudo sneezing fit.  His fake laugh makes him choke, and keeps me laughing.

His most absolute favorite foods right now are eggs, carrots, sweet potato fries, okra, yogurt, strawberries, pineapple, chips and broccoli.

He will not eat any type of bean or pea or anything with that similar texture...mashed potatoes.



He hates going to bed and taking naps unless someone is sitting right outside his room where he can see them, he will not stay in bed.  Naps are getting better again, but bed time is not something I look forward to.  I use it as a time to catch up in candy crush.  Sometimes it takes 45 minutes for him to fall asleep.  I have spanked him, but he still gets out of bed crying for me.  He then will tell me he wants me to pray.  How can you tell a child no more praying?

For his party, we had a low key pizza party with a cake covered with kit kat and m&ms. We had family and some friends over to celebrate Gabe.  There were balloons everywhere and he really seemed to love it.  

For his actual day of birth, Tony and I took him to see The Lorax in the theater.  It was a free movie, so we thought it would be good not to pay thinking we wouldn't stay 3minutes anyway.  I couldn't imagine he would actually sit still. Turns out momma is the one who couldn't sit still. Half way through, he was relaxed on me watching the movie.  I asked if he was having fun and got no response. I then asked if he wanted to go home.  That backfired.  I was thinking he would say no, but he didn't.  He said, "Kay," hopped up, and started trying to climb the stairs.  He then cried when I tried to get him to sit back with me.  Tony was shocked at the fact that I asked him that...it was a very stupid decision on my part.  Anyway, we went home and played with Max and Caro and Sam.

We have been potty training now for 6 days.  For several months, he has been ripping his diaper off and saying potty, and he would actually go.  Tony and I had discussed starting to potty train soon. On Friday, July 19th, he ripped the diaper off soon after waking up.  That was the day we started.  It was the first day he actually pooped on the potty!  He is getting better with each day.  We are going cold turkey on the diapers.  He wears underwear or goes naked all day unless he is taking a nap or going to bed.  He has been staying dry during naps a lot too.  




 
Hopping on the tiles.

Finger Prick

He now moves chairs or laundry baskets around in order to reach anything he wants.


 Being safe on the plasma car
Cow Appreciation Day

Birthday Dinner





First Movie Popcorn


Beach Vacation 2013


He thinks this is hilarious

No comments:

Post a Comment