June 23rd:
I made my sweet Sammy Baby a big bowl of apple sauce and egg yolks! Yummy...or not. He liked it. This was about his 3rd time to have egg yolk. And 3 hours later, while he was napping, we heard him making some very weird noises...sounded like he was choking. I went in to look at him, and he was sleeping well. Tony told me to touch him, and make sure everything was ok. When I did, I noticed that his head was wet from throw up. My poor baby had puked all over himself and his bed was filled up with it as well, and he had slept through it.
I woke him up, and I could tell he just did not feel good. I took him and put him in the bath tub, and he started crying. I picked him up, and he was still crying, and then he threw up again. He was happy after that, but it happened a few more times to the point that had nothing left in his stomach, and he was throwing up what I assume is bile? My poor sweet baby had to have the stomach bug. Right?
I left him with Tony to get some pedialyte in case he needed it. He never threw up again. He nursed and was perfectly fine. I thought maybe his stomach was just not ready for the egg yolk since it was an animal product and not a squishy fruit or vegetable.
August 12th:
This morning, I decided to scramble an egg yolk for him and give it another go. He has eaten chicken and fish and was always fine. Three hours later he starts crying. I pick him up, and he keeps crying. Then his breakfast comes up all over the dogs and myself. He threw up about four times before he passed out on me for about 30 min.
I call the pediatrician's office and leave a message asking if this could be a sign of an allergy. I then look it up, and the internet tells me that it can most definitely be that. The nurse calls me back, agrees that it is possible allergy, and he is to have no eggs until he is 12 months old and can be tested. Will do! Looks like an egg free birthday cake for my babe.
Looking back, I have given him ice cream and he sort of threw up after that...it contains eggs. He also threw up after eating some carrot from carrot raisin salad...mayonnaise.



Poor baby! We got Presley's dairy free cake at Sweet Treats in Tuscaloosa and I know they also make egg free cakes!
ReplyDeleteThanks! That would prob taste better than the chia seed cake my sister was talking abou making.
Delete