The first week end in August we(minus Tony who worked 48 hours straight while we were gone) went to Killen, AL(near Florence) to visit with family on my mom's side of the family. It was so nice and perfect. It was like a mini vacation. They have a salt water swimming pool with a diving bored. The water was cool and it was not scorching outside. My Aunt Joy and cousin Tori love to hold babies. Get the picture. I literally fed Sam and put him down to sleep. Gabe and I were able to enjoy the swing beside the pool and be in the pool as much as we wanted. He was perfectly satisfied to float around in the pool while I swam around him and under him.
Then i had this great idea to do a cannon ball and show off for my man swimming around laughing at me. The little angel on my shoulder always tells me not to jump off of a diving board because water will get in your ear and bug you. I decided not to listen. Gabe loved it! I however couldn't hear as well.
A few hours later it was time for a nap. I layed down with Gabe and hoped the water/pressure would come out of my ear. It did not, so I went with the faithful alcohol in my ears to fix the problem. IT BURNED! Oh how it burned! My eyes watered, and I wanted to cry. Needless to say, a week and a half later and I still cannot hear out of my right ear very well.
Caley's self diagnosis: I ruptured my ear drum while showing off and doing a cannon ball.
ENT's diagnois:
Same as mine. Ruptured ear drum. On a positive note, my hearing is still normal. He gave me some drops to put in my ears just to make sure I do not get an infection from the pool water. I go back in 6 weeks to make sure it heals properly.
Same as mine. Ruptured ear drum. On a positive note, my hearing is still normal. He gave me some drops to put in my ears just to make sure I do not get an infection from the pool water. I go back in 6 weeks to make sure it heals properly.





No comments:
Post a Comment