We left for Tennessee around lunch on Thursday before Labor Day. Tony's cousin was getting married on Saturday, so we were making a trip to see Gabe and Sam's Nonnie and Turtle at the same time.
The ride was great. There was only 10-15 minutes of crying. I say that's a win! We got into a little rush hour traffic in Chattanooga and arrived around 9:00 pm to Tony's mother's house.
Friday, was pretty low key. Before the rehearsal dinner, I went with Sam, Kathy and her step daughter Lindsay to a store called the Bee Hive in Sevierville. It has clothes, shoes, and jewelry...very cute. I purchased Caro a necklace while there. Then we went to Kroger and got some groceries for my little fellows.
We drove into the mountains of Gatlinburg to the over 100 year old church that Amanda was getting married in. While there we conversed with family and watched everyone running around trying to get everything ready for the wedding the next day. Tony was asked to help with the music, so he was going to stay for the rehearsal while I took the little chitlins back home. Oh, but before we could do that, Gabe had to throw a surprise in there. I guess being in a very new place and traveling throws potty training a bit of a curve ball. I was chatting and holding Sam when someone informed me that Tony needed me. There was poo on the toilet, the floor, the shoes, and of course on Tony. He is very dramatic, so it makes everything a litte more funny then it already is.
It reminded me of the kid off of Superbad. He was trying to clean it off of his pants and shirt to no avail. It was pretty hot, so he had no undershirt, but his uncle gave him his. It was a deep v-neck under shirt. The expression on Tony's face when he put it on was priceless. "Who wears a v-neck?" was all he could get out. He ended up bumming a shirt from Kathy's husband, Terrell(Turtle), as they were leaving.
Saturday morning was an early morning for Sam and myself. I decided to feed him breakfast outside on the deck. I didn't realize until 30 minutes later that I was locked out. Everyone was asleep...and it was wet outside. We stayed outside for about an hour before Sam started fussing. I knocked on the window to wake Tony up and let us in.
Sunday we had brunch with the family, and then went to visit Terrell's parents and see their RV on the lake.
Monday we went to the track in Sevierville. It was a lot of fun for Gabe. He was allowed to ride everything. His favorite was the go-carts with Tony. The train and the plane was his next favorite.
Tuesday morning we left at 7:30 and headed home. We were on our way to the Birmingham Zoo before getting home...half price Tuesdays. It was fun, but it was HOT, and the gift shop was closed for inventory which meant...stroller rental was closed. We lugged those chunks around for 3 hours. When we got in the car, the kids were out before we got out of the zoo parking lot.
We won $10 on a lottery ticket :)




No comments:
Post a Comment