Thursday, May 15, 2014

Catching Up

Man, it has been a LONG time since I have blogged.  It was after Sam's 12 month check up when he was actually 13 months old, and now he is about to be 17 months old.

~Samuel~
Sam had his 15 month check up almost a month ago.  He is still in the 75th percentile for his weight...26 pounds and 11 ounces... and 90th for his height...33 inches.  His platelet counts were still high, but the doctor said she wasn't too concerned since he has been very healthy and isn't having any symptoms.  The number was in the 600s.  She said it would be time to worry if it was in the 1000 range.  Blood clots can happen when it is that high.  He will have them rechecked again at his 18 month appt.  If they are still high, I will probably ask for some more testing just to see why they are staying high all of the time.

Since my last posts, he has started walking(14 months old).  He climbs on the dining room table everyday, several times a day.  Yesterday he was hitting the chandelier with paint brushes.  I have cut out the morning nap, so he now goes down between 12 and 1 and sleeps for 2-3 hours.  He finally likes whole milk.  It took him a while. He is a silly little boy, and he is starting to talk a lot.

Pop (phone or ipad), Pizza, fish, bird, Noooo, Yes (he is a big nodder of his head), Daddy, Momma or Mom (so strange to hear my 1 year old say "mom"),bath, Bubbles, Max, Wow, Woah, Please, Thank you, Nanna, Papa, Paw Paw, ball, nack(snack), juice, milk....and he says more.

~Gabriel~
Gabe will be 3 in less than 2 months! His speech is getting better.  He still sometimes has a hard time getting his words out when he is talking to fast or excited.  It's not really stuttering.  It is more of filling in the blanks while he thinks about what word he wants to get out.

He cut his hair a little bit the other day.  Luckily it wasn't too much.

He loves "playing with kids."  He wants to be around other children now whenever possible.

He has not been napping much at all lately.  He has to have played very hard in order for him to sleep.  He is usually pretty grumpy at night without a nap, so he goes to bed by 8:00 most nights.

~Tony~
Tony recently was promoted to Sergeant.  Yay for him! He has been trying for this promotion for years, but there was always someone with seniority that would get it.  So proud he is finally moving up.  He has also started working 40 hours instead of the normal 24 hour shifts.  He is over training, and he really seems to be enjoying it.  He misses riding the truck and being with his crew, but we have him home every night and weekends.  Truthfully, we see him less and that took a little getting used to.

~Caley~
At the end of February, I found out I have low thyroid.  I felt like a zombie every day.  I had no energy at all and was always freezing.  I looked up all the symptoms, and I am the poster child for hypothyroid.  I was put on meds and about 2 weeks after starting them, my energy level increased.  I feel pretty lucky.  I know a lot of people that the medicine seems to do nothing for.  I have since had my dosage doubled because my numbers were still low, but my doctor told me they looked a lot better. I lost about 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks as well.

We welcomed a sweet new baby boy into our family on April 30th.  Jameson Daniel Pate was born, and he is loved by all.

I think that about covers some of the past 4 months.  Hopefully, I will get back into blogging, so I can remember my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment