It has happened again. Another 3 months have gone by since I have last posted anything. We have had doctor's appointments, beach trips, and other big news in the last 3 months.
Eliza
Well, I am pregnant again, but this time with a GIRL! Woop woop! I am excited about having a little girl to add to our clan of guys. We are naming her Elizabeth Jane. Elizabeth is a family name on my side. It is my middle name along with my mother's and great grandmother's. Jane is a take on my grandmother's name-Jeanette. She means a lot to me, and I like that my daughter will have a part of her name. We are going to call her Eliza. She is due to arrive December 11th.
Gabe
Gabe turned three in July, and he had a firetruck birthday party. His daddy even brought a real fire truck to the party, and they sprayed water. He really enjoyed it. He also had swimming lessons with Anne Mims in Samantha. She is so great! He can now swim to save his life. if he falls in the pool, he knows to turn and swim to the side. Makes me feel a lot better when we are around water. He had his check-up and is now weighing 35.5 pounds and is 39 inches tall. He is about 75th on the charts. He was a champ when it came to getting his finger pricked. No crying at all. He took all of his doctor's equipment and tried to use them He really doesn't like to take naps now:( He will take a nap if we get out of the house and do something that will wear him out.
Sam
Sam is now 19 months old. He went to see the doctor the same day with Gabe...CHAOS! He had is CBC done again, and he was finally in the normal range with his platelets! He weighed 29 pounds 1 ounce(75th) and is 34.25 inches tall(90th). He had one shot, and that should complete his baby shots. I am pretty sure he won't get any shots at his 2 year appt. I trimmed his hair up for the first time to get rid of his baby mullet. Thankfully, he still has blonde curls. He is my sweet boy and gets his feelings hurt easily. It's so sad when he gets told no. He had swimming lessons in June, and while I will never do mommy and me swim lessons again, he is more comfortable getting his face wet.
Tony
Tony was gone for 15 days from the end of June to July. He went to Indonesia on a mission trip where the team was teaching English to students at a Muslim college. He really loved it over there...not always the food but the people. He is planning on returning next year. Earlier this year, he was promoted to Sergeant in the fire department, and he is now over training and is working 40 hours. It is nice to have him home nights and week ends, but we definitely saw him more when he was working shifts.
Caley
ME! Not much is different in my world other than being pregnant. This is going to be the last pregnancy for us. The mister is going to take care of that as soon as possible. I am already panicking about fitting 3 car seats in the back of our vehicle. There is no way we could do 4. I started itching right before 16 weeks. I thought it was from Sam's swimming lessons...the chlorine in the university pool is strong. So 2 weeks go by, and I have scratched my chest to where I have scabs. I finally google itching and pregnancy and cholestasis of pregancy pops up. I sort of freak out a bit. Preterm labor and still birth are the risks for not having it treated. I call my doctor the next day, and she sends me to get blood work to check it out. When I see her at 19 weeks, I am still itching, but my numbers are still in the normal range for her. I have done a lot of reading on what I think are credible sites because I don't own medical journals, and I have read that anything over 10 for bile acid is considered mild cholestasis...mine was 11.5. She says it's typically a 3rd trimester problem. I just tell her I want to be rechecked if I continue itching. I have also read that still birth doesn't normally happen until after 37 weeks and typically when bile acid count is over 30s. So, I am not really worried about it right now, but I am still itching...6 weeks after it all started. I go back to the doctor in a week and will ask to recheck just to be on the safe side. I don't want to be the crazy person who thinks she has every disease, but I am also not willing to chance my child's life, so I will be crazy for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment