Sheesh, I have been thinking about blogging for the past 5 months, but I have been busy and a bit lazy. At the end of August, I began taking orders for decorated sugar cookies. Half of the price of cookies go towards missions Mainly, they are going to missions in Southeast Asia. I took a break after Thanksgiving to have a baby.
Oh, Eliza! Little Liza Jane!
On Wednesday, Decemeber 10, 2014, I was induced, and our sweet baby girl was born at 11:42 am. She was 6 pounds 9 ounces 18 inches long. I almost made it without pain meds. I was so close and did not know it. When i caved and asked for the epidural, I was thinking it would be a few more hours. As soon as I laid down from having the epidural placed, the nursed checked me, and I was 9.5 cm. I let it numb me, but when I started pushing, I had her turn the meds off, so I could still feel the pressure to push and move my legs. I am still a little disappointed that I got the meds. I wish I would have been checked before I got it. Pitocin was started at 6:30 am. My water was broken at 7:00 am. I began pushing at 11:20. She was so beautiful and tiny.
She was nursing well when she would wake up, but she lost weight. 9% loss is normal, and before we left the hospital she was down to 6 pounds 1 ounce. The next day, she was 5 pounds 14 ounces. The pediatricians wanted me to limit her nursing to 20 minutes and supplement by pumping or giving formula. Formula is a negative. Never. I pumped a couple times, but I never restricted her time. I was so frustrated with the doctors. They didn't even give me the 3 days for my milk to come in. I ended up topping her off maybe 3-4 times. It was recommended that she get 1-2 ounces out of the bottle. she would only take 10 ml after nursing. She was getting plenty nursing, and I knew it. I took her in for another weight check 48 hours later, and she had gained 4 ounces. I whole heartedly believe that medical professionals are one of the top reasons breastfeeding is unsuccessful. I have not pumped since then, and she is nursing wonderfully.
She is 1 month old now and is sleeping 5-6 hours straight at night. She wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep. She only cries when she is hungry or tired. She is pretty rotten, and likes to be held to go to sleep, but I would say she is the perfect baby so far. I have not had to eliminate dairy from my diet, so that is a plus too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment