~GABE~
My baby is growing up and gaining weight sooo fast! I am pretty sure he is gaining twice as much weight in a week than what is average. He is over 12 and half pounds now. He is playing, smiling, and starting to laugh with us. He LOVES bath time. It is the greatest time of the day. We are not really on a schedule during the day, but Gabe's schedule in the evening goes like this:
1. Get fussy because he is exhausted and hungry.
2. Take at least a 3 hour nap.
3. Wake up and eat
4. Play for about 30 minutes
5. Take a bath which will last forever
6. Baby massage and PJ time
7. Play a little more
8. Eat
9. Bed time
This schedule has no set time. Some times he goes to sleep at 9:30 and sometimes it is 1:00. He is sleeping at least 6 hours through the night. He wakes up and eats and sleeps for about 3 more hours.
I love my sweet big boy!
We went to visit our friends who had their baby a week ago. McKenna was 5 pounds 14 ounces today, and Gabe looked like a giant! He weighs close to 7 pounds more than her.
~BREAST FEEDING~
SATURDAY...6 weeks into breast feeding and all of a sudden my nipple begins to bleed. I didn't think much of it since it didn't seem to bleed when he was eating or after. I thought it had stopped. I started seeing a little bit of digested blood in his diaper on Sunday. Then, on Monday, Gabe's diapers started to turn black because he was taking in so much blood and he spit up some blood. I decided to pump only on the side that was bleeding and nurse on the side that was fine. When I pump, it doesn't bleed. His poop is now back to that lovely mustard yellow...which is beautiful to me because I was starting to get worried about him. I am hoping my nipple heals up soon, because I HATE bottles and pumping. I do not mind it occasionally, but cleaning and pumping every time he eats is a pain in my rear...especially at night. I think by Friday, I should be good to go!




No comments:
Post a Comment