Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All About Gabe

I have become a complete slacker when it comes to blogging. I am also a slacker when it comes to printing off my pictures of my child. I do not have a single picture of Gabe in the house. I have every intention. I even have pictures and a prepaid amount of photos on shutterfly...I just have not done it yet.

{Gabe is 2 Months}
Gabe turned 2 months last Friday. He had his doctor's appointment on Wednesday (a week ago already!). He weighed 14 pounds 1 ounce(90%), measured 23.5 inches(75%), and his head measured 16 inches(90%). He received 3 shots in his left leg, 2 shots in his right leg, and one oral vaccine. That was horrible! He screamed a high pitch squeal that I had never heard him make before. I fought back tears, and he finally stopped crying. I gave him tylenol, and 4 hours later he started getting very fussy. Another hour and he was unconsolable. He cried through his bath time, and he had a hard time eating. He finally fell asleep on the couch for 2 hours. The tylenol had kicked in again, so he felt a little better. He ate, and went to bed for 9.5 hours. He woke up smiling and that made feel good.
before the appointment

Gabe not feeling well


He also had his first trip to the River Walk. He layed on a blanket while his cousins ran around and played. I think he will really enjoy trips there when he is a little older and a little more mobile.

after his visit to the park

He is beginning to wear some 3-6 month clothes, and I finally gave up on finishing the opened package of size 1 diapers and moved him upnto size 2. So much better!

He is smiling, laughing, and talking up a storm. He is holding toys I hand him and trying to put them in his mouth...along with his hand all of the time.

He went on his first trip to Dothan this past week end to see his great grandparents. They loved him and were very excited to see him, and he smiled and talked to them too. He also went to his first birthday party while we were there. He slept most of the time we were there though.

While we were in Dothan, he could not sleep in his lamb swing. I was scared, but he did pretty good sleeping in his bouncy seat. My baby is getting so big, and he is able to put himself to sleep at night without me holding him or being in his swing. I think he will take naps in his swing still.











{Breastfeeding}
I feel very blessed to be able to keep breastfeeding. I know so many people that have such a hard time and end up quitting. Mine has been fairly easy. At the 2 month mark my nipples stopped being sore which makes it even easier. He is also becoming so much more efficient and the feedings do not last as long. He usually nurses for ten minutes on each side. I have also learned through my experience and others that babies are so much better than pumps. This is just my thoughts, but I feel like I haven't gotten mastitis because of being able to breast feed solely and not having to pump. I was also extremely determined to breastfeed. A woman has to be over 100% into it to be able to continue to do it. Hopefully,God will allow me to continue breastfeeding until he is a year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment