Friday, August 12, 2011

What's new with the new little family?

1 Month
Well, we have made it through an entire month with our sweet baby.  He weighed 10 pounds 9.7 ounces on August 9, and on August 12th, Gabe weighed 11 piunds 4 ounces.  He is such a big boy, and really seems to enjoy us telling him that he is.  He has really started getting excited when we talk to him, and he talks back.  He is so stinking cute to us when he smiles and coos.  His neck is starting to get stronger, and he is holding his little noggin up farely well when he is being held.  He has started sleeping about 4-5 hours in between feedings now.  He actually slept for 6 hours the other night.  I woke up, and it was day light!

Cardiologist Appointment
Gabe had an echo done on his heart to check out his murmur.  He has a small VSD, and it should close up on its own.  If it doesn't, it will not affect him in life! :)

Reflux
Poor baby has been getting pretty fussy these past few weeks.  That is why I have not blogged because if he is not asleep, he is crying and wanting to be held, and he does not really sleep during the day, and he gets even fussier in the late afternoon.  Over a week ago, the doctors told me to remove dairy from my diet.  I did, and it helped a tiny bit with his sleeping.  It took some of his gas pains away, but it did not do enough.  I took him to the doctor this morning, because I knew he had reflux.  He was congested sounding, sptting up, crying when he was eating, etc.  I just needed some medicine for him.  He is on Zantac now!  Hallelujah!  I hope it works!  While it was being filled, I found myself some ice cream made with cocunut milk.  It is pretty darn good, and helps with the lack of milk.  Oh how I miss drinking a tall glass of good ole dairy milk.  Soy and almond just does not cut it.  I may try Rice milk next...I do not have high expectations.

Pictures to come...I have still have to take his "1 month" picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment