Weight: 17 pounds 13 ounces...just under 90%
height: 26.25 inches...about 85%
head circumference: 16.75 inches...50%
So he has a big body with a normal sized head. He looks perfect to me :)
He passed all of his tests with flying colors, and, of course being a very proud mother, I threw in some extra things about him that I thought were great. Of course the doctor just thought that was nice. She was just glad he was meeting milestones on the chart. Doesn't she understand that my baby is super awesome! Haha! I am sure every mother feels the exact same about their baby too. I did tell her that he rolled over from his back to belly once which I knew was not developmentally in sequence with the normal belly to back first. She said it could have been accidental, but I watched it. It was on purpose, but I was not sure when he would be able to do it again, but he was after a toy. Well that night, he did it twice. He was going to show her, and he did it last night too.
She listened to his heart, and she could still his hear his tiny murmur. His lungs sounded good. No teeth appear to be coming...thank you Jesus! Ears looked good. She did not comment on how his hernia had healed up, and I completely forgot to mention it. She said we can cut down the Zanatc for his reflux to once a day, and if he is still doing fine, we can cut it out completely! I think we have 30 doses left, so that will be 30 days.
We talked about starting solid foods, and she mentioned a lot of breast feeding mothers usually waited, and I was thinking the same thing. He shows a lot of signs of being ready, but I am not ready. Maybe at 5 months or maybe it will be 6 months. No sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving, but possibly he can have them for Christmas.
Then he got his shots:( he did so good the first two, but the second two must have hurt a lot worse. I fed him right afterwards, and he calmed down. I then gave him tylenol, and we made our way home. He got fussy about the same time it started getting dark. I continued giving him tylenol every 4 hours. He went to bed about 9:30, woke up at 5:45 to eat, and then slept until 8:30. He was fussy all day, and he ran a fever. Last time he was perfectly normal the next day. I felt so bad for my baby. This morning, I think he feels much much better. I guess we will see as the day progresses. He is playing and not whining about it which he did all day yesterday if he was not sleeping.
My goal for the next two months is to stay away from the pediatricians office. Tony and I really need to get our flu shots soon! I may wait for when Tony's mom is here. The flu shot usually make me feel like crap for half of a day, so she will be a big help with taking care of Gabe in between feeding him. Tony needs to get his asap since he works with and around so many people.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Caley
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment