Wednesday, July 18, 2012

12 month check up

Gabe had his 12 month doctor's visit this morning. He had to get 4 shots...MMR, Varicella, HepA, and Prevnar. The MMR and Varicella are live viruses so he has more of a chance of not feeling great. I guess his arms are thick enough now, because he got one shot in each arm and each leg. He also had a CBC (complete blood count). That consisted of a toe prick and the nurse squeezing the blood out of it...he was not fond of it and tried to knock her hand off his foot. His blood count came back a little low, so we are going to try the poly-v-sol with iron. That stuff tastes awful! I am not sure how well he is going to take it. I am going to try and hide it in something. He has grown! No surprise here, but his height has definitely taken off. He is 31.5 inches. That is 90th%! He is usually in the 50th. His weight was in the 75th at 23 pounds and 13 ounces. His noggin is in the 85th to 90th at 18.75 inches. He was really good while the doctor checked him out! I was super proud of him...as I am always. We also visited the preschool I used to work at. We went into the multipurpose room which is an indoor play room, and he got to play around other children his age and a little older. He actually wanted to get down and walk around. He loved all of the huge balls they have. He even started rolling one into the back of an intern...and he laughed about it. He fell asleep on the way home, so when we got home I gave him lunch and ibuprofen in case he was starting to feel bad. Now he is in the process of falling asleep while it is thundering outside. Hope he has a good nap! We have to go play with Max and Caro at Nana and Papa's tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment