Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Poor Gabe

Well, Gabe had his 12 month shots a week ago. That evening he spiked a fever of 103, and it took a while to get it down. I had to give him ibuprofen and Tylenol together to get it to come down to under 101. I hated that he felt so bad. He would literally sit in Mylar, and if I moved him he whined about it like he was in pain. His fever went away Saturday morning, but he had a slight fever of 100.8 that evening. Sunday, he didn't have a fever, and he hasn't had one since, but he has developed an AWFUL cough and stuffy nose. It is a pain not knowing exactly where this came from. I have a cough now, and my mother has one, and Caroline had one a week ago. So, he could have caught a cold that happened to come right after his shots, or the shots could have caused the high fever Nd possibly these other symptoms. I am thinking it is a mix of both, but it is a pain in the rear end for sure! I hate hearing that sweet baby hacking away. It hurts me, and it sometimes wakes him up. I will be super excited when it is gone, and he gets his appetite back. My big eater, has been only eating maybe half of what he normally eats. I think his throat was bothering him too. Hopefully, he will be better by Thursday. We are leaving to see Grandma for her birthday in Dothan...not looking forward to the drive. I don't want any throwing up to happen, but I am excited to see my Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment