Monday, November 12, 2012

Definitely Not Mickey

About 11:30 last night, Tony came into our room to let me know he either saw a giant cockroach or a mouse run across the floor into the hallway near Gabe's room. We looked all in Gabe's room and didn't see anything. I was going to try and go to bed again when tony ran back into our room and told me it was definitely a mouse, and it went into Gabe's room.

We got Tony's fire fighter gloves, towels, and flashlights and went into Gabe's room determined to catch the nasty beast. We put towels at the doors to keep it from escaping. Keep in mind Gabe is asleep in his crib. We are on all fours looking under all of the furniture, and there it is looking at us from under Gabe's crib. We chased it around his room twice before it somehow slipped under the door. I am no Cinderella, and this little rodent that could be extremely cute if it were not in my house has to die. The only mouse trap I had broke! It's 1:00 in the morning by this time, so it will have to wait. I stuffed towels under Gabe's doors so it wouldn't go back in.

This morning Gabe and I went to buy regular ole mouse traps. Dollar general had giant ones and poison. I don't want the thing to die somewhere I can't get to, so we went to publix. They only had glue traps and fancy no see traps. I wanted it dead and not just stuck to a huge sticker, and I wanted to be able to see that it was dead. I finally found some at Walgreens. I think I would have gone to tractor supply next.

I got home, put peanut butter on the traps, set them, and put them around the house. I left for 2 hours and came back to NOTHING! I sure hope it's trapped by tomorrow morning. I just can't stand know there is a tiny mouse running around leaving its poo and pee all over the house.

All of that activity last night caused me to pull muscles in my stomach. It hurts so bad! Anytime Sam moves it kills me. It hurts to walk around, and carrying Gabe is horrible. Tylenol has not helped! I will be happy when it feels better. For now, I wish Sam would cool it on the somersaults. I go see dr. Ray tomorrow, so I will post about that tomorrow, and hopefully the mouse will be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment