Thursday, November 29, 2012

Doctor, Doctor, Give Me the News!

We have been to the doctor A WHOLE LOT lately. 


First off, Tony will be having his tonsils taken out on Friday, December 7th!  Prayers are certainly asked for and much appreciated.  He used to be such a nonsick person, but in the past couple years, he has become the lemon in the family.  I was the lemon.  Pregnancy cured that, and I guess you can't be sick when your a mother.  I think it's the law.  His tonsils are jacked up and huge, and are obviously the culprit of him being sick all the time.  I think he has caught every germ that might have come home on me or Gabe from preschool.  Literally, every month he is battling something new.  We have read and heard very many horror stories about adults having their tonsils taken out.  This scares me because while I love ole Tone...I am not as patient with him as I am Gabe.  His mother is, and praise Jesus, she is coming the Monday after his surgery to take care of him.  I have read that days 1-3 are rough, but days 4-6 are hell.  No thanks!  Thank you, Kathy!  You truly can't love someone like a mother loves her child :)  It would just be so hard to be 36/37 weeks pregnant with a 17 month old, and a nearly dying husband.  I sure hope he recovers quickly.  Maybe it will not be a 10 day down period like most have stated.

Gabe had his second dentist appointment Monday.  His enamel did not form properly on his front two teeth in utero, so we have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't try to rot out.  They don't do silver teeth anymore, so we won't have to worry about a grill.

Plus, the Gaber Baber is sick AGAIN.  He was on antibiotics when he was 5.5 months old for an ear infection, and he has not had to be on them until we started preschool.  Sure, he had some colds and fever viruses, but preschool has been the experience I did not want.  He had a runny nose before he started October 1st, and it went away.  Then a week into school, and it started back.  He then started running fever 2 weeks later.  He had teeny tiny ulcers all over his tongue, and while he was at the doctor, we found out he also had an ear infection.  Antibiotic number 2 at 15 months.  Not so bad.  Ear infection went away, and his nose finally stopped running for about a week and a half.  Then he woke up Wednesday before Thanksgiving with a runny nose and a cough.  I wasn't concerned until Saturday when his snot started coming out of his eyes.  He looked awful Sunday night, but we went to his dentist appointment anyway and then to school.  He started running fever, and his eyes looked like he had been punched in the face.  They were red underneath.  I read on Dr. Sears website that if children look like they have shiners, it is probably a sinus infection.  The nurse told us to come in the next morning since there were no appointments available.  We went, she saw, and she diagnosed Gabe with another ear infection.  Pretty sure if they did an x-ray he would have been diagnosed with a sinus infection.  That is antibiotic #3...less than a month after we finshed #2.  I am now counting down the days that he is out of preschool.  He has enjoyed it, but he will not miss it, and I will love getting my well child back.  3 weeks and 1 day until we get out for Christmas!


 

Speaking of Sam, I had my 35 week appointment today. Holy COW!  Yes, that's my name now.  I gained 9 pounds in 2 weeks and 2 days!  I for real thought my blood pressure was going to be high and that I was retaining fluid because of it.  Nope!  I am just a fatty.  That puts me at 26 pounds total.  Sam's heart rate was 132.  I was measuring 36 weeks...again a week ahead.  Please, Sam, come at 38 weeks!  I was 1 cm dilated and 25% effaced, and his head is down!  Woop woop!  Induction will be scheduled for December 27th if  he does not come before then.  Tony just let me know about other pregnancy symptoms I am having that I really wasn't aware of.  I am a snorer.  He says it sometimes wakes him up.  I also know that I drool while I am sleeping as well, but I am only getting up once to pee, so I should count myself lucky for sleeping so well.

Have a fabulous week-end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment