Monday, April 29, 2013

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn

Chattanooga and Sevierville trip:



Let me start off by saying planning a trip into a different time zone during the same week of daylight savings is a "horrible, no good, very bad" idea. Our internal clocks were 2 hours behind the actual time. 

Our trip started out fantabulous. We made it to Chattanooga without a problem. No crying from Sam or Gabe. We stopped at Cracker Barrell for lunch and made it to our hotel at 3:00 for check in. We ended up staying at the Double Tree by Hilton. Our room had a long hallway that separated a living room and a bedroom. Basically Gabe got his own room. Oh and the floor number is 13...I now know the real reason you don't want to stay on the 13th floor.

We needed to get out of the room for a while, but we were afraid that the creative discovery museum would take longer than we had before they closed, so we went out into the FREEZING and ridonculously windy weather. We walked 3 blocks to a playground on the river. It was scary because it opened up right on the busy road and the other end was a drop off to the river. Plus, the equipment was not for a 20 month old...8 foot drops didn't give this momma good feelings.  After we were there for 15 minutes and frozen, we decided to get back in our room.




Tony ran to a sandwich place and got us dinner, and I started feeling like I was going to get a cold. Bleh. Gabe didn't eat anything, so I gave him a pediasure...a chocolate pediasure.  
It was probably 9:00 when he was bathed, so we were putting his pajamas on and getting him ready for bed.  He found a juice box in the mini fridge that I had brought. Also, he usually does not get straight juice.  Remember he had a chocolate pediasure beforehand. Gabe then decides to do some laps up and down and up and down the 30 foot long hallway...laughing the entire time. 
It is 10:00 by now, and we have some nice smelling diapers in the room with us with itty bitty trash cans, and no plastic bags to get rid of those bad boys. Tony leaves the room to go get some.
This is when Gabe stops laughing, looks up at me, and wants me to pick him up.  I pick up my snuggle bear, and BOOM I am drenched in a torrential down pour of slightly soured, fruity, chocolate pediasure! Tony then returns. Needless to say, Gabe and I had a shower, and I attempted to clean carpet with hotel shampoo.  Gabe finally gets in bed at 11:00. 

Sam's turn! Before we had dinner, Sam's belly hurt and he cried for an hour about it. My fault! I ate gravy at cracker Barrell. After putting Gabe down,  I fed Sam and after he spit up all over me, I put him down but he was obviously really not tired. So, he screamed and screamed and screamed a little more. Finally, I got him out of his swaddle, and he turned into a chatter box. He talked to us for about an hour before finally getting tired.
We finally got to go to sleep!

Sam wakes up at 6:30 to eat and I have a horrible head ache with head congestion. Sam goes back to sleep, I get back in bed right as Gabe wakes up. Doesn't it always happen that way? So, I am up for the day feeling pretty miserable.

Check out is at 11:00. So around 8:00 we get dressed, pack a little, and go down stairs to eat breakfast. Before we leave, I scrub the floor one more time for safe measure. We head out for the aquarium.

The first thing we see is penguins! We are thinking, "Gabe is going to love this!" Wrong! He is a little weary of the water sloshing around in between the glass. The biggest thing that scares him is all of the crazy children there on a field trip. We go to the sting ray exhibit next, and he notices them this year. He will not touch or even point at them. We continue into the butterfly exhibit where he starts to warm up when another swarm of kids come flying in. Eventually, it is lunch and the kids leave. Yay! He pretty much is scared of everything right now, so the aquarium was a bust. I think his favorite thing was the jelly fish floating around.


We ate at the Blue Plate like we did last time...not the same thing as the chain restaurant. It was amazing once again. They make their own chips and have a lot of local produce and cheese brought in.

We leave and make our way to Sevierville. Gabe is excited to see his Nonnie and we finally decided on a name for Terrell.  I wanted his daughter to be included in what she would want her children to call him. She said "Turtle" because a little girl they knew always called him that. There we have it. Gabe has a Nonnie and Turtle that live in Tennessee. I like it! Sam wouldn't go to sleep until midnight again. 

We spent Friday with Nonnie and Tony's cousin Amanda(we love her too!). We went shopping and after dropping off Amanda, we visited the Deer Park Petting Zoo. They have camels, zebras, zonkeys, donkeys, goats, deer, and other animals I can't remember the names. Gabe hates it again. I finally force him to go into the goat pen. I squatted down, and as long as it was a tiny goat he would touch them. The big ones scared him. His favorite animal was the cats inside.  Both children go down easily! Finally!




Saturday we went to the NASCAR go cart riding place. Children under 36 inches are free. You know why? They aren't allowed to do anything. Tony stuck it to the man and got that sweet boy on some rides. I wasn't riding anything, so I took the babes and went to Tony's aunt's house, so they could finish riding everything. No nap for the day. He was a lovely ill pill. He ended up passing out on Tony after eating an entire slice of pizza.







Sunday is go home day. We hated to leave Nonnie, but we really did not look forward to a 6 hour car ride. We eventually made it home. There really is no place like home!



No comments:

Post a Comment