Monday, April 1, 2013

Samuel at 3 Months




 
Sam is somewhere between 15 and 15.5 pounds right now. Sometimes I want to put him on the produce scale at the grocery store...wonder if it will go that high?

He is in size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. 

He usually gets in bed around 9:30- 10:00 and sleeps until 6-6:45. He takes about 3 naps a day. He is starting to stay awake longer. It used to be 1.5 hours and out. Now, he is up for 2-3 hours.  If he is not overly tired, I swaddle him and put him in the crib(if it's not near Gabe's nap time). He normally naps in his swing though. That's where he still sleeps too. I just love the swing. We are about to get Gabe's big boy room ready, so Sam will move to the nursery shortly after. Even if it is just for naps. 

He is eating 6-8 times a day. He normally nurses when he wakes up in the morning and after naps. He does nurse right after bath now before bed. 

I took him off Zantac after his 2 month appointment. I really do think he had a little acid reflux mixed with a sensitivity to dairy. It hurt him to eat and spit up when he was a month old. I think the Zantac helped his esophagus heal, and the no dairy settled everything else in his stomach. He still spits up after most of his feedings, but it doesn't hurt him at all and the amount is lessening. 

It appears that he will have blue eyes.

His hair is growing back in brown. I am sure it will be dark blonde this summer. 

He is such a happy baby! Plays great by himself. I sometimes feel like I am neglecting him because he is content to lay on his playmat for a while by himself. He smiles all the time and is starting to really laugh. 

He likes to grab stuff now. He really likes to pull my hair.

He grins when he sees Gabe.  I love seeing there realtionship forming already  Makes my heart happy.
 
 
First trip with both kids to the grocery store.

We started putting him in the frog bouncer, and loves it! He wants to be up and able to look around. If he is reclined on us, he will try and pull himself up to sitting. 

He can almost completely roll over from his back to his belly. He still hasn't figured out what to do about his arm being under him. I am guessing he will be rolling around by the time he is 4 months. 

He has taken his first trip to Tennessee, and he was a great traveler for the most part. There was about 30 minutes that he cried on the way home. Not bad for a 6 hour car ride, but i will spare details since that post will be up soon.

I have so loved being a momma to 2 boys for the past 3 months.  I know it is just going to be more fun the bigger Sam gets.  I am going to try and soak it all in.  They will be grown before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment