Friday, January 17, 2014

Sam is ONE!


 
Y’all, this year with Sam has FLOWN by faster than I could have imagined.  I think about how it seems like just yesterday I was just holding him thinking, “I can’t believe he is 3 months old.”  He is over a year old now!  I could cry, but I won’t.  While I am a little sad that my baby is no longer a wee little one, I sure do love watching him grow.  His personality has truly blossomed this past month.  He is such a stinker and loves to make us laugh.  He also likes to throw fits already, but let’s focus on the positives, right?






 

 

I am not sure of his statistics at the moment, but he goes to the doctor next week for the dreaded 12 month appointment, and I will get the details then. 

 

He is wearing 18 month clothes and size 4 diapers.

 

His hair is blonde, and it wants to go in two different directions.  It has a swirl in the back that makes it want to part to the right, but in the front, it tries to go left.  It is fairly straight though.

 

He has some pretty blue hazel eyes.

 

He has 6 teeth.  Four are on top, and two are on the bottom.

 

He is a fast crawler, and he loves to climb now.  Stair cases, diaper boxes, toys...if he can put his hands and feet on it, he will climb it.  He has taken a couple steps in between the sofa and love seat a couple of times, but he is not quite ready to try and go where there is nothing to catch him. 

 
 

He eats like an elephant!  There is not much he will not eat.  He does not like squash, cheesy pasta sauces.  He LOVES lasagna and spaghetti, meat, berries and fruit, and he is not too picky on his vegetables.  He is now eating scrambled eggs.  It took him a while to get used to the texture. He is starting to use plates and utensils.  He can dip a spoon and get it to his mouth, and he doesn’t sling his plate until it is about empty now. He is nursing around 3-4 times a day.  He drinks water and juice from sippy cups, but he does not really like whole milk.  I am going to need to find more sources of calcium and vitamin D before weaning him completely.  He eats yogurt and cheese, but cheese has no vitamin D.  When it warms up, I will just use the good ole sunshine.

 

He is going to be our social child, I believe.  He may not be eager to get on his feet and walk or run everywhere, but he likes to talk. 

His words include:

  • Daddy
  • Momma
  • Poop
  • Cat (he is scared of the real things, but we watch Aristocats almost everyday because it is Gabe’s FAVORITE movie)
  • Out! Out! (talking to the dogs in the dining room)
  • Hot (food, fire)
  • Eat. Eat.
  • Gabey…this one is a little iffy because it is not plain as day
  • Cheese!(camera)
  • That
  • This

 

Since he was born on Christmas, we did celebrate with breakfast.  His birthday party was the week-end after, and we ate donuts and sausage balls, drank coffee and hot chocolate, and wore pajamas.  My mother missed it because she had the flu, so I do not have very many pictures of it.  I made a donut hole topiary and did not take a single picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment