Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow Day 2014

I am so thankful to have been home today.  We took a quick trip to Publix this morning, and while we were in there the snow started to come down.  I saw a friend who informed me that Moundville had already started shutting down roads.  When I walked out, I noticed the snow was not melting off the road, and where it was accumulating it was slick in the parking lot. Tony is working 40 hour weeks for a weeks as he is still recovering from shoulder surgery.  This would normally be a day he was off.  It really never fails.  When it snows, he will be at the fire station.  It only took him an hour to get home luckily, and he made it in time to play with Gabe outside.

Gabe and I went out in it three separate times.  It was just too cold to stay very long, and I had to bribe him with watching Curious George or Team Umi Zumi to get him in.  Sam stayed out for about 10 minutes total...it took me way longer to get him dressed.  I made them insulated waterproof pants with Target bags and mini ducklings duck tape(which I received from Influenster to try for free).  That stuff has come in handy. I also placed left over nursing pads inside his mittens to help keep them a little warmer and dryer.  It actually worked!







Sam would have enjoyed the snow longer, if he would just get up and walk.  Rain boots are not made for crawling in and would slip off. He was also wanting to go to sleep. I am just glad I get to have a little memory of his "2nd snow day." Last year he was zipped up under my jacket in a baby carrier.

 And this was Gabe during their first snow day.  I am pretty sure it did not snow Gabe's first year.  I recall the winter being very mild that year.

He is licking ice cubes.  We have a lot of bags of ice in our freezer, and I needed some space, so i put one bag outside.  While I was dressing Sam, Gabe and the dogs tore into it.  Sometimes you just need to add some ice to snow, right?






















Then we snuggled on the couch.


 And for dinner I made these little bad boys.  So good.  Much better than a Krystal burger. Gabe ate them too!
 http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/oven-bakedcheeseburger-sliders/

Warm Fire

And big kisses for the cutest baby Sam ever did see.


No comments:

Post a Comment