Caley
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Rain, Rain Go Away!
It is starting to rain and possibly pour in our house. No, not literally raining, but water is still involved. While eating dinner last Friday, I noticed a place on the wall that was peeling off from the ceiling. I refused to go look at it because I knew it was probably not a good thing. Yesterday, I finally went over there, and it seems that the paper is peeling away from the drywall or whatever we may have in our 70 year old house. I am sure it is due to water, because it felt a little damp. I would rather just ignore it right now, and I know that is not a smart choice. Other than that, I have noticed ever since Tony and I got married (almost 2 years) that water would appear in the toilet brush holder. I knew that it was too much to be coming from the actual brush, but I couldn't see or feel anything dripping from the toilet. While I was home on spring break, I noticed that I was hearing a dripping noise when I was in the bathroom, but it sounded like it was in the walls, so I didn't look for anything. Yesterday, I accidentally knocked my plant over that is in the bathroom and dirt went everywhere! With this I saw that there was water on the floor, I then touched the place where the toilet is attached to the water source, and it was wet! Great! It is actually dripping from the tank of the toilet. I researched and I am hoping it just needs a new gasket to the ballcock...who ever named parts of toilets and plumbing sound pretty perverted. If that is all there is to be fixed, that is no big deal. The big deal is that I figured out that about a gallon of water is leaking onto our floors everyday! Obviously it has been going on for a while now. The tile that is in our bathroom, was not placed very well. There are cracks in the tiles, and the grout is cracking too. We are very nervous, but we know we have to break up the tile in order to assess the damage of the sub-flooring underneath. I HOPE that is it just damp and can easily air dry. The worst thing that can happen is mold and rotted wood, and that will be lovely and costly to replace. To top it off, Tony heard a noise in the attic, and we have some type of rodent living up there chewing up boxes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment