Sunday, September 30, 2012

Preschool

Tomorrow, Gabe and I will walk into the doors of Valley View Preschool. I will be going to teach the   older two year olds and Gabe will be going to his own class. This is a little earlier than I was wanting for him to start preschool. I was wanting to wait until he was 3 since that is really when social skills are truly learned. Plus, children do not really engage in play with other children until about 3. He will learn how to share adult attention which is a good thing before his baby brother arrives. This has been tough on me thinking about not seeing my baby all day. I keep telling myself that it is only 4 hours a day, but I have a mind set that I will never see him again. I am being a little dramatic. It is also only for 3 months, then we will be home again. I am getting to take a tiny bit of stress off of Tony for a little bit by doing this.

I am sure Gabe will have a tough first week...maybe it will be tougher on me. He has a hard time when I leave him. My hope is that he will love it and want to run into his class to play with all the toys by the end of the week. I know his teachers will love on him, and they will be getting him out of the class room, and he loves being outside.

My worries are the illnesses that he will be encountering. He is, for the most part, a very well baby. I hope he doesn't catch everything. I really would hate for him to be on medicine a lot. I am happy that he has only taken antibiotics once, and I would really like for it to stay like that. We are also not used to being up and out of the door before 8:00. Gabe normally wakes up about 7:30-8:00, so an earlier bedtime will be needed. Hopefully, he will wake up around 7:00 on his own. I really hate to wake him up...he is usually grumpy when I wake him up.

I will write about our first day/week soon. I have been constantly praying for myself and for Gabe that we will handle this new time in our lives well.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like Presley's social and playing skills have gotten SO much better since we put her in preschool, so I would think it starts way before 3 but who knows! It was definitely harder on me than it was her, although the first few days she did cry. By the end of the week she was fine and we can tell a huge difference! She talks so much more now (not that she didn't before but now she talks non stop). I was worried about the illnesses too, so far it's just runny nose but you know how preschool is, once someone comes in with something it just goes downhill from there! The time apart from P is hard sometimes, but I've also noticed that it's better for me to have a break from her sometimes. Good luck, can't wait to hear about how he does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the runny nose too! My mom pointed out that he could catch the same germs at the grocery store. I have never left him with non family members for more than an hour and a half for church. This will be good for me too.

    ReplyDelete