Gabe has grown a lot and has done a lot in the past 3 months. He gained 2 pounds and grew 2 inches! I am amazed at that because he had 3 ear infections and some mouth virus during those 3 months.
He was 26 pounds 5 ounces and 34 inches tall. He wears 2t in clothes now and is still in size 4 diapers. He is about to outgrow his size 7 shoes.
He was such a great sleeper until he reached 17 months. Then he decided to make nap time difficult by refusing to sleep. He would start crying and not stop. Crying it out doesn't work anymore. He knows how to lean himself up and cry until he is hyperventilating. He was still sleeping well at night. Then, he became a big brother. He was fine for the 1st 2 weeks, but now he doesn't go to sleep well and he wakes up at least once a night. Usually it is 4:30 am. Tony has been putting him in the bed with him and he sleeps until 8:30. One morning he slept until 9:30.
He loves to dance and is starting to sing. He cracks us up. He loves anything that apple has made. We have 2 iPhones and 2 iPads which make them readily accessible and he will stay on them all day. I hide them so he isn't rotting his brain away all day. He loves playing with his cousins even more now. He give max a hug every time he sees him. He is a cuddler still. Tony and I love loving on him.
He is starting to talk more. Not easy to understand and we have toforce him to tell us something instead of grunting. If you ask him who mommy or daddy loves he will shout "ME" and point to himself. It really sounds like meez most of he time. He is pretty good at animal noises. He has decided that the duck says "duck." Some things he has been saying more of lately are: momma, daddy, Sam, sit, more, please, help please, me, mine, blue, uh oh, oh no, oh wow, truck or "shrunk." He makes us look like idiots a lot when he won't perform for other people. I don't know why, but he really doesn't want to call people by their names. I guess he can get what or who he wants by pointing, grunting or whining.
He has been pitching fits. Some of his fits include staring straight ahead and whining while huffing and puffing. Some involve going limp and falling on the ground. I can't say I enjoy them at all. Makes me irritated.
He had his first snow day in January. It was a lot of fun! I wish tony would have been home with us. It would have been easier and even funner!
Oh and he is now weaned. He was very useful for the first month of new baby if I was ever engorged. Plus, he kept me used to nursing. Instead of 2 months of sore nipples it was only 2 weeks. I am happy I nursed him for over 18 months, but now I am happy he is done. I was finally ready, and I think he was ready. He hasn't complained at all.
He is almost 19 months now, and I still have to write a 1 month post for Sam. I better get with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Welcome to the world of temper tantrums. Presley is the queen of them!
ReplyDelete