Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sam's 1 Month Update

So, I am a little late. Sam is close to 1.5 months now.

Weight:
He was probably around 10 pounds at a month, but now he is over 12 pounds.

Clothes:
He is wearing 3 month clothes and size 2 diapers. It is amazing how much of a difference size 2 diapers are from newborn and size 1. He hasn't had nearly as many blow outs and leaks. I have a feeling he will not be able to wear 3 month 1 piece footed outfits at the end of the month. His body is getting long and his feet are huge. His poor toes are getting squished in them. I don't have a lot of pants for his size since Gabe at this age was in the summer. I hope he will be able to wear 6 month pants to keep his little legs covered.

Sleep:
He has started sleeping in a swaddle and in the swing. As soon as I know he isn't bothered by his reflux as much, I will lay him flat in the pack and play. It's funny how different my boys are. Gabe would nurse to fall asleep.  Sam's reflux would hurt him so much that I give him a bath right after he eats, and he falls asleep about an hour after he eats. This will be good and end up being easier for bed times in the long run.

Feeding:
Sam eats every 2-3 hours during the day on one side only. He is a pretty fast eater.  He burps easily now and spits up after every feeding, but it does not hurt anymore!  I usually have spit up in my shoulder. It's a new daily accessory.

Fun stuff:
He staying awake longer and beginning to give us a crooked smile. He is such a sweet boy already.

2 month post will be much better!  It's only 19 days away!





No comments:

Post a Comment