Monday, February 18, 2013

Miscellany Monday

No Poo Method
No Poo for me from now on! Ha! Really it means no shampoo. I normally wash my hair 1-2 times a week. I promise I try to bathe everyday!  I started slowly cutting back from every other day about 3 years ago, and after I had Gabe, it got even easier. It may be out of laziness, but my hair doesn't get greasy, so I am sticking with it. Anywho, the last two times I have washed my hair with baking soda then rinsed with a mixture of vinegar and water. My hair has actually been very soft and not tangly. Plus, it dries faster... i am guessing because it does not have the residue from normal shampoo and conditioner in it. I think I will stick with it!  

Dairy Free the Way to Be
Tony and I have had to cut out dairy, but for two different reasons. I have cut it out for Sam...he should know I love him after this. I have been dairy free for two weeks. We think Tony may have developed a lactose intolerance. He can still eat some dairy.  Those dairy items that are higher in fat and lower in lactose are usually ok on him. It's a little difficult because almost EVERYTHING has a little dairy in it. I have been downing chocolate almond milk, and I am pretty sure I ate about a cup of almonds in different forms the other day. Oh almond butter with honey and cinnamon on a banana is A-MAZING. 

The Chitlins
Gabe has become a chatterbox. Pretty sure he is learning a new word everyday. He is even starting to say some full sentences. The other day he asked, "is it hot?" Referring to the oven. Crossing my fingers, he has not been sick since we have been out of preschool. Almost 2 months without even a runny nose. It has been great!  I visited his preschool today, and all of the kids in his old room were looking rough!  I am so glad I am able to keep him home again. He is happier and healthier.  





Sam has started sleeping "through the night."  He sleeps 6-8 hour stretches, and it feels great. He is seems to be a predictable baby. We wake up in the morning, he eats, 1.5 hours later he takes a nap. That's the cycle all day. His naps range from 30 min-3 hours. He is really a great baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment