Well, we are now dealing with the reason I didn't want Gabe in preschool. He may have gotten this virus at CHOM or at preschool. Gabe started running fever and acting extra fussy Tuesday evening, so I stayed home with him Wednesday. He didn't run fever all day Wednesday until that night. He also was having a hard time eating. He was hurting in his mouth, and his taste buds appeared to be swollen. Tony stayed home with him this morning and took him to see the doctor. I was happy to find out that he was seen by his doctor. She told Tony that he had an ear infection and a virus related to hand foot mouth.
He is now on antibiotics. I have been giving him probiotics for the past 4 days, and I plan on continuing that until he is out of preschool at Christmas. Have I told you how much I hate antibiotics? I loathe them. Yes, they are great when you really need them, but they are so overused. They wipe out your bodies system of all its good bacteria, and then your body lacks a defense against other illnesses. This will be the second time he has used them.
Anyway, I will keep him out until Monday. Hopefully he will be in tip top shape then. Only 9 more weeks of school left for Gabe.
In pregnancy news, I have made it to 29 weeks. I don't believe I have gained any weight this week. Hopefully, I won't gain anything before next Thursday for my appointment!
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment