In all of the devastation that is happening around me, I still have all of my loved ones. I hurt for the people who have lost loved ones. I have no understanding of how they must be feeling. Also to the people who have not been able to get in touch with loved ones, That must be incredibly scary. My belongings are all still here. Nothing of our stuff was touched. Personal belongings do not mean much to me. I learned that 6 years ago when I lost everything in a house fire.
My FAMILY means everything to me. During the storm, my family was together at my parents' house. It was me, my husband(Tony), my mom(Shirley), my dad(Todd), my sister(Kristin), my brother-in-law(Daniel), my niece(Caroline), my nephew(Max), my mother-in-law(Kathy), and her friend(Vicki) along with our dogs(5 total) in the basement and outside for most of the time. All we saw was wind and about a minute of rain.
Tony left about 6:15 after the storm came through. He was called into work and help get all of the people... injured, trapped, and deceased out of the destruction. I am hoping that he does get to come home for a little while today. I am very proud that my husband is selfless and is out helping these people that he does not know. Thank you to all of the people putting in their time to help all of the people who were affected by this tornado.
Among my family is my unborn son Gabe, so I thought I would share the pictures I got of him Wednesday morning. I am so happy that I know exactly where he is at all times right now. I know that I can best take care of him and protect him while he is still growing inside of me. Tony told me that was my job to keep him safe :) I wish I could do more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment