Wednesday, August 1, 2012

14 Weeks

I had a doctor's appointment on July 10th. I had lost that one pound that I gained the week before, so I have not gained any weight. I think that is due to me still nursing Gabe. I am quite certain the weight will come, as this little guy or gal starts growing more. My stomach may be the same as when I had Gabe. I thought I would have been ballooned out, since 2nd pregnancies supposedly show more quickly. Maybe I won't gain as much as I did with Gabe. I think it was about 28 pounds total. We get to find out what we are having at the latest August 1st. We may go find out a week earlier if it is possible to see. Tony has a feeling that we are having a girl. My sister wants it to be a girl, so Caroline's clothes can be warn again. I would love to have a girl, but I do know that I love my boy that I have, and another boy would be awesome too! If it is a girl, we are thinking about Penelope Elizabeth. Tony thought of Penelope...I was shocked that he liked that. I am sure the nick name Penny will be established. If it is a boy, I have liked the name Samuel...Sam...for a while. I am thinking about a middle or first name to go with that. I do want to put a name from my family in there. Elizabeth is a family name on my side, and Thomas(Gabe's first name) is on Tony's side of the family. I am very excited and scared about this addition to our family. It is going to be very tough staying home with a toddler and a newborn. We will definitely have to get into a semi routine with the new baby. With Gabe, he may go down for a nap at 5 and wake-up at 9:00 and not go to bed until 1:00 in the morning. This will definitely be different! I will not be able to do that now since Gabe does not go to sleep all the time. He is awake, and I will have to be right there awake with him. My bed time will be 9:00 instead of 11:00 now. Look out for the zombie...I promise I will not eat you. I have also been thinking about what to do about sleeping arrangements. I probably will not keep this one in our room as long as I did with Gabe. I really want to have the baby in his or her crib for napping during the day. I know I can't afford a hard time with transitioning to the crib for naps like we did with Gabe. I am also wanting to keep Gabe in his crib for as long as possible, but if he does start climbing out of his crib before the new baby gets here, then we will probably get him a regular bed with side bars. This will be a sad day for sure for me. I just heard a chirp come from Gabe's room...thinking he may have just woken up! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment