Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Rambling

I am really starting to feel pregnant now. I am 21.5 weeks pregnant, and i am starting to feel like I cannot breathe easily, and my belly is starting to feel heavier. Gabe feels like he has gained 10 pounds too. I think I am still at 4 pounds gained, and I have started having Braxton hicks contractions every now and then. Not everyday yet, but I remember having them with Gabe around this time. I am trying to keep hydrated becauseI really do not want any complications. I have my doctor's appointment next Wednesday. Get to have an ultrasound too! Hopefully ole tropical storm Isaac will not come up here until Wednesday night. I hate getting out when it is storming.

I have kept my house clean and picked up for 3 weeks now! Give me an award because that is record breaking for Caley Gill. I am slacking a little today because I am feeling so tired. I will have to clean the kitchen and bathrooms tonight or tomorrow. I have started cleaning with all natural cleaners like vinegar, baking soda, borax....I have loved it! I am not worried about Gabe getting into chemicals, and the all-purpose cleaner I make smells like tea tree oil from the Castile soap that goes into it. I need to get another big thing of white vinegar. I have been making my own laundry detergent for about 9 months now. It is a lot cheaper, and this stay at home mom is trying to save anywhere possible.

We have "feral" cats in our neighborhood. They live in the big water drain, and they are starting to multiply. They have been coming into our yard and getting in our vehicles, so I called animal control. Guess what? County doesn't get cats. We have to trap them ourselves. We caught one today! I think we have at least 4 more to go. I am wanting to take them to the animal shelter. I know they will be put down since they are MEAN, and I don't want cats being killed in the backyard. I think it would be easier on me and the cats if they are humanely uthinized. I just do not know if they will take them. These kittens are about 8 weeks old, and they are really cute until you get up close to one, and then you realize it would tear you up if you touched it.

Gabe Baber is growing! I am thinking he has gained a pound since his 12 month appointment. He has also gotten a little taller. We put away his onesie outfits since they were getting tight in the croch. He has picked up some more words. Of course, he will say them for a week and then stop. He has been saying doggies, hey, and bird. News saying buh for everything that was in the sky, but this morning we saw a mockingbird, and he said it! "Bird!" I was proud. I a proud when he does anything, except for his little attitude he getting. It is pretty funny most of the time, but whenhe starts to hit, the funniness goes out the window! He has a attitude with Tony if he doesn't want him to touch me or him, and then he gets one with me when he just wants his daddy. He grunts/squeals and says no and pushes us away when he doesn't want us. I call him my stinker head boy. He is getting so good at his kisses now! He puckers up and only opens his mouth if he is wanting what you have in your mouth. Don't worry! We do not feed him like a bird!

I love that I have been able to stay home with for all this time! I know from experience that I love him a lot more than preschool teachers can. I have seen some little babies treated badly because they cry. Believe me, I understand how annoying it can be to hear whining ALL. DAY. LONG. I have done it with Gabe and many many other children. It just hurts my heart when I see little ones being treated like that when they really can't tell you what exactly is bothering them.  That's why my man will be staying home with me,and I will be going back to work when I feel it is time for him to go to preschool. That will probably 3 years old. Sadly, that means Sam will be going at 18 months old.

Enough for the day! Have a great week end!

No comments:

Post a Comment