Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Scary

Well, it is July 3rd today and I am 13 weeks pregnant!  Surprise to the internet!  I have been too nervous to broadcast it since my pregnancy with Gabe went so perfectly.  I have had 2 friends get pregnant at the same time as me, and both of them have had miscarriages.  The other day, Tony's aunt told me she would keep asking my mother-in-law if everything was ok since I had not posted anything.  I just told her, I wanted to wait to be safe.  We both were thinking I should be out of the woods.  Here is the scary thing....

Yesterday (July 2), before lunch, I felt fluid down there, and when I looked I saw my underwear soaked with blood.  I freaked out and went hysterical!  Poor Gabe did not know what was going on.  I called Tony crying and told him I was going to call the doctor.  Then, I could not find the number in my phone, so I called my mother instead.  I have no clue what she was in the middle of, but she immediately left to come get me. I finally found the number, called and they said they would call me back.  Tony was up there before my mother got to my house, and he called my amazing doctor (Ray) who was on her way back from the beach. She called me and made me feel a little more at ease, since the bleeding had slowed down a lot, she said it sounded like it was not "abnormal."  She told me I could wait for tomorrow to see her (yeah right) or go in and see another doctor.  I wanted to go ahead and clear things for my mental health, so of course I was on my way before i got off the phone with her.  I went into have an ultrasound right when i walked in, and there that sweet baby was moving his/her arms around, and that heart was beating 156 bpm.  I always have enjoyed hearing the heartbeat at doctors appointments, but I actually cried with this one.  It was such a relief!  The doctor said the ultrasound looked great, my cervix was closed, and he couldn't realy tell where I was bleeding from.  He gave me a rhogam shot since I am Rh negative and ole Tone is Rh positive and that could be the cause.  That obviously happens more then I knew about. I am also on pelvic rest for 2 weeks.

Anywho, Gabe will have a baby brother or baby sister in the beginning of January :)  That is 18 months apart for those wondering.  I am sure it will be very challenging and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment